From traditional window coverings to closet and patio doors, adding Shutters to any room adds a touch of class and enhances the custom look of your home.
Why Eclipse Shutters?
- Louvers can be adjusted from a clear, open view to total privacy, while still allowing air to flow freely.
- Divider rail runs through the center of some shutters, depending on size. The top and bottom louvers operate independently of each other allowing for the top to be open and the bottom closed.
- Won't be damaged by the sun since they're UV resistant, and can't be damaged by water or steam in high moisture areas.
- Virtually Indestructible. Will not warp, crack, peel or fade and never needs painting.
- Energy Efficient. Cellular design provides the best insulation barrier. Eliminates solar heat gain during the summer months and provides excellent insulation during winter months.
- Ideal in commercial settings, as well as in any corporate environment. GREENGUARD® certified, non-porous, and anti-microbial. Perfect solution for healthcare and educational facilities.
Practically perfect in every way, Eclipse Shutters are incredibly durable, and classically beautiful.
Excellent choice for windows, as well as for doors and room dividers. Their narrower louver width provides more privacy when open than some of the wider options, making them just right for an area with lots of walk-by traffic. When the louvers are in the closed position, complete privacy can be attained.
The perfect choice for windows that open to a beautiful view, but some privacy is also desired. The medium width louvers allow for increased visibility and a much clearer view than the smaller 2 1/2 inch shutters. When the louvers are in the closed position, complete privacy can be attained.
These shutters have a very elegant feel and will make a bold statement in any room. They create a visibility that's 108% greater than the 2 1/2 inch shutters. When the louvers are in the open position, the view appears very clear. However, complete privacy can still be attained when closed.
Provides a tight and uniform closure of all louvers at once and is located on the front center of each panel of shutters. This look is the most common among homes with traditional design and decor.
Performs the same function as a tilt-bar, but is hidden on the back hinge side of the panel. Rear tilt control provides an unobstructed view and a clean, contemporary look.
Allows for simple, one-touch control for opening and closing the louvers. Its clean and contemporary style enhances the look and provides improved uniform closure and smooth quiet operation.
The standard hinge system is used for most windows. It allows the shutters to open and/or fold out from one side.
Uses unframed shutters or a selecting from our collection of frames that will be mitred to fit the exact angles of your bay or bow. Available with Tilt-Bar, Rear Tilt, and Gear system.
An excellent way to further enhance the elegance and sophistication of French doors. This contoured design lets the handle of the door operate freely without interference from the shutter. Available with Tilt-Bar, Rear Tilt, and Gear system.
Perfect solution for arched windows and are available in Half-circle, Eyebrow, Tunnel, Elliptical, Quarter-circle, Octagon, Hexagon, Full Rake, Half Rake, Symmetrical Angle Top, and Angle Top. Available with traditional Tilt-Bar or Rear-Tilt.
Commonly used for closet doors, though can also be an option for large windows, since it allows the shutters to slide and fold open.
Allows shutter panels to slide from left and right. Floor-to-ceiling movable room dividers, allowing you to maximize and separate your space.
Installation and Troubleshooting
Other window treatments do not compare to the versatility and classic style of Eclipse® Shutters.
Shutters offer a streamlined look that can really pull a room together. With shutters, there are no cords that hang in an unsafe manner. Instead, the louvers are controlled by the center or rear tilt-bar for a seamless look. Though lightweight, Eclipse Shutters are sturdy and engineered to add the benefit of energy efficiency, blocking out the sun's hot rays in the summer and cold drafts in the winter. Unlike many other brands of shutters, Eclipse Shutters can be expected to last at least 25 years with minimal care. Eclipse Shutters won't be damaged by the sun since they are UV resistant, will never fade or warp, and can't be damaged by water or steam in high moisture areas.
- Child Safe Design
- Washable and Easy to Maintain
- Extremely Durable
- Energy Efficient
- GREENGUARD® Certified for Children and Schools
- Dent Resistant
- Fire Retardant
- Privacy and Light Control
A shutter is comprised of 5 main components:
- Louvers are the blades of the shutters, and come in 2 1/2” , 3 1/2” and 4 1/2” widths
- The Tilt-Bar can be in the front, middle of the shutter, or hidden in the rear if using the Clearview® system. Either way, it controls how open the shutters are.
- The Top and Bottom Rails outline the shutters and contain the louvers between them.
- The Divider Rail runs through the center of some shutters, depending on size. When there's a divider rail, the top and bottom louvers operate independently of each other allowing for the top to be open and the bottom closed, for example.
- The Frame surrounds the shutter and finishes off the decorative look of the window.
Eclipse Shutters are available in a range of neutral shades that can fit in any type of decor.
- Cotton: Our most popular colour and our brightest white.
- Pearl: Our version of off-white.
- Vanilla: Our version of cream.
Louvers for Eclipse Shutters are available in 2 1/2 inches, 3 1/2 inches and 4 1/2 inches.
The wider the louver, the wider the space between louvers will be when they're fully open. Louvers measuring 3 1/2 inches provide 56% greater visibility than their smaller 2 1/2 inch counterpart. Similarly, the 4 1/2 inch louvers provide a view that's 108% more clear than the 2 1/2 inch louvers.
Eclipse Shutters have three options for moving the louvers.
- Traditional shutters use a tilt-bar. It can be placed in the centre front of each panel, or offset to the front side of the panel or offset at the rear of the panel. The tilt-bar connects the louvers and is used to operate the louvers.
- Our Rear Tilt system uses a sleek tilt mechanism connecting them at the end of each louver on the rear side of the panel.
- The Gear Tilt system is located inside the panel. The look is sleeker since there are no visible tilt bars in either side of the panel.
Both RearTilt and Gear systems are operated manually. Both are easy to open and close, and provide unobstructed views.
Unlike other wood products, it's incredibly easy to clean and care for your Eclipse Shutters. When needed, simply wet a soft cloth with water and wipe the shutter panels with the damp rag. They can also be cleaned with a mild soap, though not with lemon oil or furniture polish. Since Eclipse Shutters are non-porous, they will never mildew or mold.
Eclipse Shutters Canada authorized dealers have our environmentally safe cleaner specifically engineered to clean vinyl shutters. Please contact us for more information.
Eclipse Shutters can be easily installed by the following:
- Eclipse Shutters Canada factory installers
- The dealer/designer from whom you bought the shutters from
- A professional installation company
- The homeowner
Eclipse Shutters are designed to last a lifetime when properly cared for and are guaranteed for 25 years. Click here to view warranty sheet.
No. Shutters are custom made to your window measurements, so they're not meant to move with you.
Eclipse Shutters help in two ways. They increase the curb-appeal on any home and will likely increase the number of people who will consider purchasing. It's also been estimated that they will increase your homes appraisal value by several percentage points.
Contact customer service for help finding an Eclipse Shutters trained dealer.
The shutters will not yellow or discolour. However, residue from a non-recommended cleaner could cause the vinyl to yellow over time.
Shutters are designed to provide light-control and will be somewhat room darkening. They are NOT a black-out window covering. There will always be varying degrees of closure within a shutter panel, which means there will be light-lines of up to 1/16”. By keeping the louvers slightly open, there is a visual perception of “even” light lines.